Question
Posted by: Liz | 2012/05/01

Implanon

Is Implanon available in South Africa? If yes, where can I find a Dr who can do inplants?

It is not available yet.

60
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/06/08

Can somebody help with de removal of implanon before we die, I don't know why public clinics have a problem if we want to remove. Government plz intervine!!!!

Posted by: KG | 2016/05/12

I have inserted implanon august 2014 and for the first months I was having serious headache and also gained weight but after 6 months I was fine, even now still having it and it expire august 2017 and I will insert another 1, I have inserted it at birch north clinic.

Reply to KG
Posted by: Sammy | 2016/02/24

Remember. The Sister at my Clinic explained and said - It does not take away your menstrual cycle if it does your lucky - If you have your peroids irreguarly you can go back to your local clinic and they give you meds to decrease the bleeding - You will gain weight because of the hormones, yoy should control youself. Eats fruit when still hungry after a meal - If you get uncontrolable headaches you should go back to the clinic or public hospital - I still have mine but did ask my GP to remove it she qouted me R300 - any local clinic or public hospitals gives the inplants if they have the trained staff to do it Pretoria

Reply to Sammy
Posted by: Zukie | 2016/01/15

I've had mine from Sept 2014 and it was ok for a few months then I started 'bleeding', headaches, weight gain, nausea and my arm will just be numb at times. I tried a local clinic and a hospital in East London and they all refused to help and they are sending me back to where I had it done which is Pretoria. Can someone please help as I can take this anymore.

Reply to Zukie
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/11/25

I had mine inserted 23 October 2015 and today I'm still bleeding heavily some days light some days clots..really annoying please adviselect which clicks does it.I'm in cape town kraaifontein

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: kim | 2015/12/03

Hi there. I just made my appointment at clicks Somerset and they charge 150 to remise the implant ??

Posted by: Nikita | 2015/08/19

I've been at the public clinics to get my implanon removed but they refuse to do it what would the price be to remove it at private doctors please any info?

Reply to Nikita | 2 comments (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/12/01

R1500 if you call the Bryanston Marie Stopes - what a rip off

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/09/09

R800 AT MARIE STOPES

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/08/09

Places in Cape Town that insert the imlanon?... Aside from Marie Stopes

Posted by: Kellie | 2015/08/05

Its been a year now since i inserted the implant and i regret it,ive gained 10kgs and the local clinics are refusing to take it out...please help where can i take it out. From Gauteng West

Reply to Kellie | 2 comments (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/01/31

Hillbrow clinic and south rand clinic

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/01/31

Hillbrow clinic and south rand clinic

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/07/17

i would like to know if implanon also took away any ones period after 6 months on instertation if it does please email me at venesa@matrixwarehouse.co.za

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/08/13

I've been calling clinics to find out if they can remove it, they all said that they weren't trained to remove it..... I really want it out!! Did you find any doctor who does?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/06/07

hie im in cape town lwant to remove implant at local clinic their are refusing were. can i find docter who able to remove it

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Victoria | 2015/06/24

Check the clicks pharmacy in somerset west and marie stopes also does it but its expensive by them

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/05/26

I have had the implanon for 7 months. I have clear skin and do not get my period only occasional spotting. I have had no problems with it and it is very effective. best form of contraception to use. I got mine at a public hospital and it is done for free. remember it has different effects on different people. I live in the Western Cape

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/08/09

So, where did in the western cape did you get it done? I would like to do it, and I am in Cape Town, but I'm not sure where to go

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/05/12

Hi Ladies I had mine inserted last October 2014 however my side effects are getting worse,im on my periods every 4th day & they last for two weeks,i have no interest in sex,& im also experiencing weight gain,i waited coz i was advised that my body is still getting used to it however im fed up & my side effects are getting worse.Its a total nightmare.

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Victoria | 2015/06/24

Hey if you still have not taken it out I checked the internet clicks does it you have to check the website for a branch not all takes it out , also marie stopes also offer the service of taking it out . I also experience this now for almost 11 months the hormones released makes your body believe you are pregnant , I experience massive weight gain my last appointment at the MOU I weighed 89kg after being release from hospital I weighed 75kg only in a few months my weight gain was 90 kg , so please check carefully on the internet you will find help

Posted by: laken | 2015/05/02

hi ladies. please advise if any of u know where i can remove my implanon privately? totally regret having this!

Reply to laken | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Victoria | 2015/06/24

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/04/24

i live is stellenbosh and am wanting the implant ?? Where can i get it done and for how much ?? :)

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/05/09

It is free to all woman at any public clinic/ hospital. Having it done privately costs R1,700

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/03/28

Am in kraaifontein where can i remove an implanon.. Idid gi to the clinic. They refuse bt its too much side effects so there's any private doctor who can remove it my surgery????????

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Victoria | 2015/06/24

Check the clicks pharmacy in somerset west or on the clicks website for the closest branch near you and marie stopes also does it but its expensive, clicks seems to be more affordable .

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/03/04

Hi there. I am considering getting an implant, please can you tell me how bad the side effects are and what you experienced with it? Is it a good idea or should I try something else? Thanks :)

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/02/22

I have it for about 4months and I regret it i gain a lot of weight and I use to havevclare skin and now have pimples my face is a nightmare. I'm in midrand were can I have it removed.

Reply to Anonymous | 2 comments (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/05/09

Any hospital will remove it for free

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/03/26

Hi, Have you found out where you can have it removed?

Posted by: i want my implanon to be rmoved so at my local the | 2015/01/27

I want my implanon to be remove any doctor u know who cn help me remove it m from mount fletcher in eastern cape

Reply to i want my implanon to be rmoved so at my local the
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/01/22

I am 40+ and is thinking about getting Implanon. Please share your experience on this device. Ladies who are using it, would you recommend it?

Posted by: Philile | 2014/11/20

I have had enough of this Implant nd would love to have it removed,as in today.But their won't allow me to have it taken of.If anyone could please tell what to do?I live in Durban(Umlazi township)

Reply to Philile
Posted by: bzitha | 2014/10/25

Implanon I have it want to remove it now gain lot of weight

Reply to bzitha | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/06/24

Posted by: lesego | 2014/10/08

hi guys to the women that have it, I read one of the side effects are weight gain and acne....just how bad does it get?

Reply to lesego | 2 comments (hide)
Posted by: Tina | 2015/05/25

Hi! I've had implanon implant for 9 years (3 different implanons) and have not had any particular problems. Your period will come and go as it pleases for about 6 months - some experience more discomfort than others. I recommend it warmly, and wish that you who just got it inserted to be patient. Your body is adapting to the hormones, you will be subjected to some side effects.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/05/21

Really really really bad

Posted by: Rianda | 2014/08/28

Hi , i want the implant done but where is Gauteng can i do it? can someone please direct me to someone?

Reply to Rianda | 2 comments (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/07/23

hi> talk to your gyne to give u a script and she will insert it for u

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/11/18

Hi, at any local clinic you can get it done there .I had mine done at Midrand clinic for free.

Posted by: Savannah | 2014/08/18

does anyone know if any of the clinic in Durban do it? if so... where?

Reply to Savannah
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/05/05

hi how much does it cost to remove implanon

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/07/03

It can be remove free of charge at your local clinic

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/03/25

As far as I know it is free at state clinics

Posted by: Sindy | 2014/03/11

Hi I'm from the Northern Cape and wish to know whether there are any doctors in Kimberley or Kuruman who are able to perform this minor surgery? Kind regards

Reply to Sindy
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/01/21

It is available at some government clinics I know someone who had it at a clinic in the Eastern Cape

Posted by: Charliegirl | 2014/01/08

Hi, My Nexplanon/Implanon expires in Feb 2014, I had it inserted in the UK and after moving back to SA I am struggling to find someone to remove/insert a new one. Surely we are not that backward and have this available to us now! I am based in the Western Cape, any doctors out there who are up to speed with the rest of the world and can assist me?? thanks

Reply to Charliegirl | 2 comments (hide)
Posted by: KC | 2014/09/01

Monique, how much did you pay to have it inserted?

Posted by: MoniqueDem | 2014/01/18

Hi. I live in Somerset West, and had my Implanon inserted by a doctor here. The name of the practice is New Street Surgery.

Posted by: trying to be helpful | 2013/10/10

I saw my doctor yesterday and she says implanon is available in South Africa and doctors who went on the course are able to insert it in their rooms. She told me it costs roughly R1300 and it last for three years. I live in the Free State so if its available her it must be available in the Western Cape and Gauteng

Reply to trying to be helpful
Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/10/01

Roundabout how much is the implanon?

Posted by: Samantha | 2013/08/04

I have a implanon at the moment but need it to be replaced. I Heard that it is available in South Africa..What price and where would i be able to replace this?

Reply to Samantha | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/07/03

Free of charge at Primary Health Care Clinics

Posted by: Gaye | 2013/07/09

I currently have an Implanon but am wanting to remove it. Do you know of any Doctor's in South Africa that will remove them?

Reply to Gaye | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anxious | 2013/07/20

Where did you get the implant done? Desperate to get one

Posted by: Annie | 2012/06/18

I want to know if Implanon is available in South Africa yet and where I can find a Doctor who does the implant. I live in the Western Cape.

Thank you very much
Annie

Reply to Annie | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/07/23

hi. it is available talk to your gyne or doctor about it

It is not available yet.