Question
Posted by: Sue | 2011/03/30

Impetigo

Hi there Doc
I have impetigo - it has done the rounds all through our family now. This is my second turn! I have a few impetigo sores on my legs that are quite sore and itchy and won''t heal. They''re not getting worse, though. I''m treating it with Fucidin cream. Should I get some antibiotics? I was on Augmentin for impetigo about 6 weeks ago.
Thanks!

Hallo Sue
Fucidin or Bactroban should help but you should cover the spots with a band-aid as it is contagious and can infect other parts of the body or other family members. Do not share towels or washcloths. Get some Hibiscrub soap to wash with (be careful not to get it in your eyes - it burns!)

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/30

Hallo Sue