Question
Posted by: Lolla | 2008/09/10

Impending marriage

Good morning
Please help. I am getting married on Saturda, 20th September. This will be a second marriage for both of us. He has been divorced for about 3 years now and I have been divorced for almost 13 years now. We have been living together for 2 years. I love my fiance very much and he is the best thing that could have happened to me. He is a wonderful person. I am not interested in finding another man.
I also love my independance and freedom. This is such a huge step for me. I am terrified and have been crying non-stop. I am an emotional wreck. Why do I not feel excited. Why am I so scared. I feel like cancelling the whole wedding. I don' t know what to do. Please advise.

Perhaps you're feeling excessively anxious about this because of your previous bad experience of marriage, and because you've had a longish time on your own before this more recent relationship. Don't panic. Maybe see a counsellor for a couple of sessions if you can find one with free time, or talk this over with experienced friends and family members, for re-assurance. ANd why not discuss it with your fiancee, too ?

3
Posted by: RR | 2008/09/10

I think u just anxious, dont cancel the wedding things will go well see a counsellor I agree with cybershrink.

Reply to RR
Posted by: EL | 2008/09/10

Go with you gut feeling!

Reply to EL
Posted by: inn | 2008/09/10

Maybe this is a sign that what you are about to do i mean to marry him is not good maybe something bad will happen , instead you were supposed to be happy, but if you don' t feel good about it no then forget.

Reply to inn