Posted by: Angela | 2009-09-15

Immune System Test?

Hi there,

Is there a test out there to test a person' s level of immunity? The reason why I ask is that I am concerned about my immune system after weight loss.
I have lost in excess of 30kg' s over a period of 16 months by eating sensibly and doing moderate excersise.

I eat very well (lots of fruit and veg), and a generally balanced diet. I have not cut out any food group!

HOWEVER... since my weight loss I am more sick now than I was before. Usually I don' t get flu, yet this winter I have been booked off twice with Bronchitis, and I have just recently picked up a tummy bug. I am not used to being sick as often as I do now.

Do you think this is just a coincidence or is it the weight loss?

Dear Angela
Even though you have dieted wisely, you may have put your body under stress which may cause a drop in immunity. Try boosting your immunity with something like Immunochoice or Viral Choice C and ask your doctor to do a full blood count test to ensure that you have enough white blood cells and no iron shortage.