Question
Posted by: Chrissie | 2008/06/03

Immune system / allergy

HI. My daughter (2yrs 10mnths) has been with skin & blood tests, diagnosed with severe allergies: cat, dust mites, dogs, cut grass & egg white. I was recommended to use Deselex 2.5ml (cause it has the least side effects) - but no success. the nose kept running. then the Doc upped the dosage to 5ml (and an extra 2.5ml every time she has a reaction). shortly thereafter she started scratching her face terribly. i stopped the Deselex after the bottle was finished - the face got better, but the allergies stayed the same. I started using Alecet, which helped for about a week, and the scratching started all over. I have been recommended to address her immune system ( Allergostop, Natura Allergin mix, calcium supplementation & Ribes ((homeopath)) ), but after phoning a couple of pharmacies it prove difficult to find unless they order it for me - at astronomical prices (i'm staying in CT, Durbanville area). Do you know where i can get hold of these items. And is there perhaps an antihistamine that you can reccomend? We've been do doctors on a weekly basis for the last couple of months and it's costing a forturne. everyone seems to have their own opinion- and nothing seems to work. I sincerely hope you can help. Thanking you kindly.

Expert ImagePharmacist

You have tried 2 of the major antihistamines available. The only other non-sedating antihistamine available that is fine for daily use would be Clarityne (or a generic thereof).

Regarding the homeopathic products - These are usually not kept by pharmacies. Buying it from a homeopath or a health shop may be a better option. Also try Dischem (as far as I know there is one in Canal Walk) - But once again, they may not have all the products you are looking for.

Best of luck

1
Posted by: wara | 2008/06/04

my immune system is too long for long time. i tried more medicine but nothing happen also im sitting on the wheelchaich.

Reply to wara