Question
Posted by: xxxDxxx | 2008/07/09

Immune Boosters

Hiv+ Pls advice what food I shud completely stay away from, and what I shuld eat more of.

Dear XXXDXXX
Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'DietDoc's articles' to find the article I wrote awhile ago on "Update on HIV/AIDS & Diet" which explains that certain foods like garlic can for example reduce the effectiveness of certain antiretrovirals by up to 50%. If you are using ARVs then please first ask the treating dr before you start using vitamin and mineral supplements. You can contact the SA Sugar Association to obtain their Booklet on 'Food Choices for People Living with HIV' from The Nutrition Department, SA Sugar Association, P O Box 700, Mount Edgecombe, 4300, or phone: (031) 508-7000, or send an e-mail to: nutrition@sasa.org.za for excellent information on diets for HIV.