Question
Posted by: Emmy | 2010/05/24

Immobilised Ex

Hi.U sed u hd answered my questions long ago.I tried 2get him to move out, he sleeps till 3pm,has a job now &  then, buys food &  cooks for all of us when he does, but overall I cannot take it like 18mnth later post-break up.I met a nice guy who told me that no man will take me seriously living with an ex.I feel like a real so and so.I contacted his family and told them the truth abt his situation (and mine).I asked them to fetch him, take him home&  offer him a job in the fam biz.He is nearly 47.So its awful.Don''t know how he will react bt I feel I hd choice.I askd them to keep it between us I doubt they will.Its abt me I want to move on.I hv looked for a job and lying in bed isnt it.My friend who is nt divorced quite yet is now seeing his ex, the one everyone says he shud have married.Yep.Rebound?Or the real thing?I feel he is lost to me.Anyway half of me is relieved in both instances and half not.

I don't see why you should feel like a so-and-so - the genuine thorough so-and-so is the freeloader living with you. Exes ought to be ex, and if they're reluctant, Ex them.
Take him to visit his family, leave him there, and have someone changing the locks on your place while you're out.
It hardly matters "how he will react" - it's mnot up to him.
Once you've got rid of this bum, and his family start taking the responsibility they should have long ago, you can start constructing an independent life for yourself

1