Question
Posted by: Vicky | 2008-11-24

Imedeen

I have seen the anti-ageing product IMEDEEN being advertised as pills which work on the dermal layer of the skin with a number of anti-oxidant ingredients. Have you researched this product at all as I don' t want to waste more money on products which are useless.Thanks for your in depth and very helpful advise always.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Vicky, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with the answer.

The ingredients in Imedeen tablets are as follows: Maltodextrin, Imedeen Seafood Extract Powder, Acerola Powder, Mineral Salt , and Emulsifier.
Maltodextrin is a moderately sweet polysaccharide used as a food additive, unrelated to barley malt. It is produced from corn starch and is usually found as a creamy white hygroscopic powder.
The only description I can find for the seafood extract powder is as follows: “unique marine extract containing proteins and polysaccharides”.

Acerola Powder is derived from acerola cherries, which have one of the highest concentration of vitamin C. Mineral salts are simple inorganic chemicals that are required by living organisms, important minerals salts are iron salts (needed by both plants and animals) and calcium salts (needed by animals to make bone or shell).

Following from the above ingredients and that no studies demonstrate the claim of the tablet I am not sure if they really work from a medical view point. However, there has been positive feedback from some of the other forum followers who have used the tablet.