Question
Posted by: Unique | 2011/08/24

I''m vegetating

I am getting frustrated with my vegetative state. I''m doing absolutely nothing. I start doing my work - can''t concentrate- stop that. Try to study same think. I simply cannot focus. I normally a hard worker and generally I get a whole lot done is a day. I''m also performing well in my studies ( Masters level) and from what I hear I''m one of very few people who passed everything last semester. But right now i''m the laziest person I know. Assignments are piling up and i''m supposed to be reading a whole lot. I''m also supposed to deliver at work but I simply cannot get around lifting a finger.

i have terrible anemia which is taking forever to get treated. last week my Dr said my body is taking long to respond and she has upped the treatment. i really cannot afford to be this lazy! What can i do?

So, acording to those evaluating your work, you are functioning well ? I wonder if others would consider you lazy, or if you might have an unduly severe view of how hard you should be working ?
Anaemia certainly can sap one's energy, severely at times. I hope this anaemia has been checked by a haematologist and not only a GP, to be sure you are receiving the ideal treatment for it.
I wonder whether there might be a degree of depression present, which can also have this effect, and would need treatment in its own right.
Otherwise, one can often improve this sort of situation by organizing one's work into smaller, more mabageable bite-sized portions, rather than gazing in horror at the entire task which looks dauntingly vast

1