Question
Posted by: Els | 2012/03/18

Im trying to quit

I am trying now for 2 months to stop smoking. I have to admit that when im with someone that is not smoking, then i can go for a few hours without smoking. I am smoking a lot less, but cannot stop all of it. i am down from 16 cigarettes a day to 7 a day. I have a stomach ulcer. Can I use nicorette?

Expert ImageStop Smoking Advice

Down from 16 to 7 is great, don't give up! It's well established that spending time with other smokers will make it more likely to smoke too, so consider avoiding smoker friends (explain nicely to them) while you're still in the quitting process. Or, ask them not to smoke in your presence. Yes I know, easier said than done.

If you have an ulcer it may not be advisable for you to use nicotine replacement as nicotine can increase stomach acid and worsen the condition; please check with your doctor first and also ask about alternative quit smoking aids.

1
Posted by: Stop Smoking Advice | 2012/03/20

Reply to Stop Smoking Advice