Question
Posted by: Marleen Raats | 2012/01/05

i''m trying Champix

hi, just want to let everyone interested know that i''ve taken my first tablet of
Champix today. Aware of all the side effects it can cause. feel quite sleepy but otherwise fine. will check in tomorrow.

Expert ImageStop Smoking Advice

Thanks Marleen - please keep us updated on your progress, I'm sure lots of people are considering Champix and would find this really interesting.

8
Posted by: Phillip | 2012/03/20

After 21 years of smoking and tried alot to quit never get passed day 2. Started on Champix and last smoke was on the 15th day. Doing good day 19 feeling the best so far no cravings and the habit of getting up for a smoke break is now almost gone. Feeling very much proud. Early days but this one i am going to beat

Reply to Phillip
Posted by: Kalfie85 | 2012/03/13

I only had a bit of nausea in the beginning but not that bad, had my last cigarette on 03/02/2012 and haven''t felt better! this really works! go kick BUTT

Reply to Kalfie85
Posted by: carina courtney | 2012/03/13

First day on Champix and almost no craving - smoked 5 today as opposed to my usual 25 by now. No side effects yet except for a metallic taste in my mouth

Reply to carina courtney
Posted by: Tracey | 2012/03/05

I have started taking Champix today and i feel great thus far, Abit tired but nothing to hectic.I already notice that my cravings decreasing, meaning i havent been going for my regular smoke break as often as i would previously. Im taking my life back thanks to Champix.

Reply to Tracey
Posted by: Elma Jansen Van VUuren | 2012/02/23

Hi, there, I quite smoking but was araid that I will start again. I got the champix and because I quite smoking before using the Champix, it was a lot easier for me. It is going now for three weeks and I g\feel great. My onkly concern is will the dossage be lowered again for i feel terrible when i take the 1mg. I told my husband instead of taking it every morning and night I will only take it every 3rd day. And i feel so much better. Will it have an effect on the quite smoking side.

Reply to Elma Jansen Van VUuren
Posted by: Quitter | 2012/02/04

I''m on my 6th week (Champix) and am so excited to know that I will no longer be smoking and I mean never again. And all with very little effort on my behalf. The only effort is that I know that I must tolerate the side effects for another 4 weeks: increased appetite, nausea, fatigue, insomnia, vivid dreams and constipation, all quite mild but in combination it can be quite daunting when you have to get on with your daily routines and work. I''d rather be uncomfortable for 12 weeks than waste my time, health and money smoking for the rest of my life. If you are serious about quitting then Champix will make you stop effortlessly. You will only need to make the effort not to ever light up a cigarette again and that should be easy after not smoking for 3 months.

Reply to Quitter
Posted by: pat Bernard | 2012/01/11

Hi Marleen pse do give us feedback, and also if there is a change in your eating pattern,All the best Pat

Reply to pat Bernard
Posted by: Stop Smoking Advice | 2012/01/09

Reply to Stop Smoking Advice