Question
Posted by: DS | 2010/03/07

Im Tired

My fiance was admitted a couple of weeks ago, to rehab for drinking/drug abuse. We have a 10 month old baby, who is a text book baby and a real dream for the most part. I started seeing my therapist again. I do everything for my daughter alone, as well as fund rehab and pay all the bills. Since my fiance has been layed off the bills have piled up a bit and im probably going to be handed over for something. Im stressing about money, about my car, about whats going to happen when he gets out. Feeling guilty because I dont spend enough time with my child. Im writing an exam on weds

We are working on a big project at work and on a friday i made a rather big mistake, told my senior. We are almost at the end and now ive made this mess. Im trying so hard to get ahead in my department full of men in my male dominated industry,. Recenlt theres been ALOT of drama at work and alot of people have been hung out to dry, no preformers. Im so petrified my mistake is making me a non performer.

Im just tired of my life. im taking herbal tranquilizers to keep myself calm, and sleeping tablets to sleep. I feel ill when I think about the mistake ive made at work. I keep losing my temper at my useless colleague. He probably gets the brunt of everything going down in my life.

Im a mess.

Sounds like you're making an enomous and praise-worthy effort to be as good as possible to everyon, except, perhaps to yourself. Has you iancee no personal or family resources that could and should, at least, be used to cover his expenses and those he causes ?
At work, you sound like a consistent Performer, who had a slip under difficult circumstances - a company that fails to recognize that, fails itself as well as its employees.
Work closelty with your therapis, and you can get through this dark patch

1