Question
Posted by: miekie | 2011-03-01

I''m so happy!

Hi, prof

Just to let you know how my life has changed the last 14 days. To make a long story short, I''ve been seeing my father and brother after 10 years! They both had a seriously drinking problem and it got worse after my mom passed away 16 years ago. They are both sober now for more than a year! My father had been very ill and was admitted to hospital because of a burst stomach ulcer. He nearly died of it and doc said so.
I''m closer to them both now because of what had happened. I feel less anxious and more positive now- less pain as well. Can emotional and unresolved problems cause more pain and depression? As well as heart disease? Thank you.

Thanks for the follow-up, m ! Excellent that you are back in pleasant contact with your father and brother, and that they have both managed to be sober for a year so far. Unresolved emotional probl;ems and stress can indeed amplify pain of any ause and worsen anxiety and depression, and can be part of a patern causing or amplifying heart disease. Sounds like you are achieving imprtant steps forward !

2
Posted by: schadenfreude | 2011-03-01

Excellent!!! I hope your happiness never ends : ) Psychosis may help you with this : )

Reply to schadenfreude