Question
Posted by: b | 2010/06/22

i''m not sorry for the right reasons!!!!!!!!!!

is it abnormal not to feel remorse when you''ve done something wrong, but only immense fear of probable rejection by and disgust from others if they should find out???
Could i redeem myself by going through the actions of making amends, even though i don''t feel it??!!!!!!!!!!
mostly i feel emotionally DEAD to everything, don''t know why. suspect it''s the ad''s i''m swallowing.

I;m sure there's no general, off-the-shelf, broad answer to this question - so much depends on the details.
If I understand you, you did SOMETHING which other people would consider disgusting and awful and would lead them to reject you ? I wonder whether whatever it was is as awful as you seem to feel it was. The emotional deadness could be related to the depression or the ADs.
I'm not sure whether anything you do could make amends - it will depend so much on what specific other people feel about the situation ( and wouldn't they find it odd for you to be making amends if they didn't know what you thought your offence was ?
best to discuss this with your psychiatrist in some detail, to work out the best approach

2
Posted by: anon | 2010/06/23

to those who feel emotionally dead, they have no concious or guilt, so their actions have no consequences to them and they dont think of consequenses ever, because they dont see what they are doing could be wrong or bad, my ex wife was like that, and that was just how she was, no drugs, no medications, just her nature to be dead...maybe something happended in her past that I never knew about. I can tell you that it was not a pleasent experience being involved with someone like that, we are now divorced.

If you want a fulfilling relationship with someone in your future its best to get some help for this.

Reply to anon