Question
Posted by: Mother | 2011/02/04

Im not ready for this

I caught my son looking online at hardcore porn. He is 12. I think he got quite a shock - not as much as me though! Isnt this a bit young? They were not just topless picture - this was hardcore stuff. I could understand for this age group to want to have a look at a fhm or similar, but this stuff he looked at -OMG!!

I could understand if he was 15 or 16, but 12!

Dear Mother,
<br/>
<br/>The unfortunate reality with the cyber world these days are that alot of children may discover or come across erotica online that may be inappropriate for their age and capacity to contextualise what they are viewing for themselves.

It may be helpful to have a male role model figure in his life have an open discussion with him to discuss what he has seen and what he makes of it and help to better contextualise what he has seen.

7
Posted by: Zee | 2011/02/07

Be grateful its he looking at women and he looking at men. He could get a " hole"  lot worse

Reply to Zee
Posted by: STALLION | 2011/02/04

<br>I was 12 years old long before TV became available. At the age of 12, I was past puberty and masturbating regularly. I guess my testosterone levels were very high already. I believe that if I could have had the opportunity to see what a woman''s genitals look like when her legs are spread I would have had a look.

Your son''s curiosity is nothing irregular. From now on you need to talk to him about the facts of life and treat him as a boy with testosterone in his body. Guide him gently. He is becoming a man.

Reply to STALLION
Posted by: Mother | 2011/02/04

Jim - he is onlly 12! Like i said, if it was some boobs etc i wouldnt be so upset, but this was bj''s, women with women, masturbating, not nice pics if you were just looking for a pair of boobs.........

Just shows the downside to the www once again!

Reply to Mother
Posted by: Mother | 2011/02/04

THanks Anon and Subzero. I am sure he is curious but I the stuff he saw was a bit heavy. Dont think the site he got up was intentional - he has been quite subdued since then. I think he got a shock.

Reply to Mother
Posted by: ANON | 2011/02/04

Nothing to worry about really .........its a phase

Reply to ANON
Posted by: Subzero | 2011/02/04

Hi Mother.....eeeeek, that sounded insane lol

Theres more to it than you think. With WAP enabled phones.... anything is possible and while i was 12 years old... times have changed!

Curiosity more than anything by the sounds of it. Just let him be, at the end of the day, whether you cut the internet or what, if hes after it, hes gonna get porn.

Reply to Subzero
Posted by: sexologist | 2011/02/04

Dear Mother,
<br/>

Reply to sexologist