Posted by: Mellon......Mommy | 2012-02-05

Im LOST !!!

AHHHH....feel like Im loosing myself !!!! I have an amazing husband of (9yrs), 2 beautiful daughters (7, 5yrs) AND then I got hit with a Fraternal Twin Pregnancy, it was touch and go during the entire 7 mnths and a very long hard story of us having to chose to save one of the babies we chose BOTH &  asked GOD for a Mirrical. He gave us BOTH Babies....born at 32 weeks (so yes times got harder) and now they are 9 mths and doing so well BUT IM NOT !!! Im falling apart, Im tired and I feel like a CRAPPY Mother and the WORST Wife ever to have lived.....I HATE WHO I am &  I feel I am failing. My hubby does try but I still feel like everything fall on me and Im working and taking care of 4kids –  does anyone have ANY words of engorgement please PLEASE....Im just SO LOST !!!!

A lost Mom...thats WANTS to be better !!!

Fortunately your husband has an amazing wife, and the kids have a beautiful mother. But she's apparently a bit tired and confused at times. You have been through a highly stressful and distressiong ordeal, and you're tired, anxious, and maybe depressed ( Post Natal Depression, PND is common in such situations ). To try to handle a job and 4 kids requires even more than the skills and stamina of an ordinary Superwoman like you.
See at least a good GP and better a good local psychiatrist for assessment and treatmenr advice, as PND usually responds well to treatment. Get your husband to become far more active in sharing the chores of child care, as it should NOT be all up to you, and call on family too if available

Posted by: Words of encouragement | 2012-02-06

Reply to Words of encouragement
Posted by: Anne | 2012-02-05

Sounds like you are not lost but rather overwhelmed by the responsibility of caring for your four children and husband.

Have you been for a thorough check up? Medicially healthy wise have you had your thyroid checked?

You could also have postnatal depression which would make you feel like you are not coping with life.

It is not easy working and taking care of a family plus the twins. Does you husband help you with the children and chorres? It doesn''t all have to be on your shoulders alone. Parenting should be shared with your husband too.

Perhaps it would be worth seeing your doctor and if possible have an assessment as well.

Also try and get more help from your husband and from your extended family.

Enjoy your family!

Reply to Anne