Question
Posted by: Siobhan | 2011/12/07

I''m gay and my loved ones don''t know

I''m gay, and have not told anyone - it eats me up every day - I know what the people around me think (both friends and family who I love dearly) about gay people, because they have said awful thing - these are my friends, some are church going some are not but it amazes me what people think, anything from gays are child molesters to demon possessed. I''m really just a person. I''m not in a relationship but I''m afraid I will lose everyone in my life if I come out - lets face it they have been very explicit about what they think, it''s not like I''m not aware of the venom they harbour. Are there any steps, ways to make coming out easier without being competely abandoned?

Expert ImageAgeing and Sexuality expert

What a challenging situation for you. I understand how terrifying it must feel to own yourself within your family and community. You are correct to be weary to out yourself here as it may well have dangerous consequences for you, as you describe.

The best way for you to manage is to get professional assistance. A therapist who works with sexual orientation as well as joining a support group will be best for you. Here you will see there are many other people who have struggled to come out due to their unique circumstances and will offer you knowledge and support.

One thing is for sure you are you , no need or way to change that. Please get the support you need - its your right.

2
Posted by: VIDO | 2011/12/14

NDICELA UNCEDO NDINOSISTER IN-LAW KUPHELA KWAKHE,NOBHUTI ENDINAYE KUPHELA KWAKHE,UKUTSHATA KWAKHE NDANDISITHI NDIFUMENE UMNTU OZAKUBA NGUSISTER WAM,WAFIKA WAZITSHINTSHA IZINTO AKHOMNTU AMTHANDAYO KWIFAMILY YAM EVEN KWINDLU YAKHE UHLALA NEFAMILY YOMFAZI AND UBROTHER WAM AKHONTO AYINCEDISAYO ENDLINI EWE THINA NOMAMA SIYAZIPHANGELELA BUT SOMETIMES IF YOU ASK MY BROTHER AKWENZELE LOONTO USOLOKO ENGENAYO UYAPHANGELA YENA UMFAZI AKAPHANGELI

Reply to VIDO
Posted by: Ageing and Sexuality expert | 2011/12/09

Reply to Ageing and Sexuality expert