Question
Posted by: FallingApart | 2011/03/16

I''m falling apart

I''m at the point of breaking down - the past 10 months have been really overwhelming - from terminal illness to death of a loved one, a hijacking, financial difficulties, running a household of 5 and now a strained marriage filled with verbal abuse. I''ve been praying a lot about these things and I also feel I need some handholding. Could you please recommend a female counsellor in Midrand?
I''ve googled names but prefer a referral. Thank you.

Anyone would be overwhelmned by one or more of the traumatic experiences you have had within less than a year, let alone with all of them. You need and deserve more than just hand-holding, and counselling is an excellent idea. I can't keep track of who pratices and counsels where, let alone if they[re any good. Try calling FAMSA which has branches in many areas, and who can recommend counsellors they consider good, near where you live or work, and would know whether a female counsellor with experience in this sort of stress was available.

1