Question
Posted by: Taza | 2011/01/19

Im doing all the right things but no progress, why?

I eat well, meaning plenty fruit and veg, skim milk, no cheese, fat free yogurt, no sugar in coffee, rooibos tea, lean meat, dont cook with oil, hardly ever eat junk food, drink plenty water and go to the gym 4-5 times a week where I do cardio and resistance training for at least 1 hr each time.
But my weight does not budge at all. Im not fat but have gained 3kg over the festive season and am trying desoerately to get rid of it but with no luck. What am I doing wrong? Could putting honey in my tea and nuts and seeds in my yogurt every day have something to do with it?

Taza

Dear Taza
It is difficult for me to judge your situation because I don't know what your present weight is in kg and your height in metres so that I can calculate your BMI. If your BMI is in the normal range even when you have gained 3 kg, then your body will resist losing this weight. I don't think the fact that you add honey to your tea and eat nuts and seeds with your yoghurt are making any difference because I presume you use small quantities? If your BMI is already below 20 then you will struggle to lose those 3 kg and I can only suggest that you continue with your diet and exercise so that over time your body sheds the 3 kg.

1

Dear Taza