Question
Posted by: Fatima Mayet | 2010-03-08

I''m being abused

I''m going on 25 and i am being physically and emotionally abused by my boyfriend alsmost everyday for the past 3 years. I am constantly hurt from the bruising with joint and muscle aches. Apart from the directly related signs of abuse, I am often down with the flu or nausea or vomitting. Sometimes i cant wake up out of bed my body just does not want to see another day. Are these feelings related to the abuse? how do i get help?

WHy have you stayed with this abusive loser ? Call a helpful agency like POWA for direct advice and support. And plan a safe escape from his horible influence. Yes, the symptoms you describe can indeed be related to your ugly situation - which you do not deserve, just as such an apology for a man doesn't deserve any woman in his life.

7
Posted by: Obvious | 2010-03-09

Cyber shrink and woman are completely understanding ur situation,woman sounds as if she been there,I too my friend for 8yrs,constantly fearing for your life,blaming ur SELF for his monstrous behaviour,POWA,did help me and u will get a restraining order against him.

Take charge of your life,if u stay,he will kill u eventually not by intention though by his stupid tempered behaviour.

Go,leave everything,Go to your family,they''d best protect u,dnt hide this from them,u need their supportive,caring,loving comfort.

Reply to Obvious
Posted by: MAN | 2010-03-08

There is no excuse for abuse. Get away anyway you can. All the related losses and side issues are of no matter.

Reply to MAN
Posted by: Woman | 2010-03-08

Fatima, I know that it feels like you will never be strong enough to leave. But this is what you must do. You know this. I know that he tells you you''re useless, that nobody would want you ever again and that he is the only one who will be there, I know that by this time you probably have no friends left. I know you''re feeling alone.

POWA CAN help you. They can help you move your things out, they can help you with a place to stay, they can help you with putting your life back together. Leaving him will be the bravest and scariest thing you will ever do. You will be tempted to stay, you will think that yes, maybe you do deserve everything he does.

You don''t. Nobody deserves to be abused, no matter what you might or might not have done. You are important to the universe, and it is your responsibility to LIVE your life in joy, love and peace.

Take the step, plan it well, get the help you need. And good luck!!

Reply to Woman
Posted by: XXX | 2010-03-08

What in goodness sake are you doing with this " man"  ? Dump him at the very least-you should even consider laying acharge against him.
PLEASE get rid of him before he does further harm.Who knows what he will do if you have children.

Reply to XXX
Posted by: Leez | 2010-03-08

Is this post for real? How THE HELL can you still be with this man?!

Reply to Leez
Posted by: Maria | 2010-03-08

Ditch the boyfriend. Why would you stay with someone who treats you like this?

Reply to Maria