Question
Posted by: FattyBoomBoom | 2012/08/20

I''m Banded!

Hi All

Had operation Thursday and went home Friday. It wasn''t sore or bad. I have 24 stitches. This morning I woke up feeling more energetic than I have in years. I decided 2 try and walk 2 the stopstreet which is 200meters away. I made it and felt I could do a little more. I walked 2 the park and back - 1.4km''s!!!! I am so proud of myself. I have also already lost 5kg''s!

I''m eating 6 meals a day of 100ml''s each - very slowly. I chose from yoghurt, pumpkin &  chicken soup, yogisip, custard or warm milk with horlics. Its strange eating these minute amounts. Even my rooibos tea is 100ml. But I''m savouring the taste and taking it slowly. I don''t want 2 stretch my pouch. I have not vomited once and I never get hungry.

Its truely an amazing feeling not 2 be hungry! I eat because its time 2 eat.

I will be on this doent for a week then slowly introduce puritee and mashed foods until week 6 when I see the dietician again!

Somehow the system lost my response, so here goes again.
Thanks for the feedback, and I'm pleased you sound as though you're so pleased with the operation. But please be careful about not overdoing the exercise - if there's someone with you, walks round the home and garden may be fine ( your surgeon will surely have advised on that ) but these long-distance expeditions are probably not a good idea at all - the wounds are not yet properly healed, and should not be strained.
Look forward to hearing of further progress.

7
Posted by: Molla | 2012/08/31

You go girl and good luck to a thinner, new and more confident you .. Kitty I also have to contend with the more conventional method - but feeling far better after only a week ..

Reply to Molla
Posted by: Lils | 2012/08/21

Hello FBB ... also been following your posts and was thinking about you just yesterday driving home from work! So glad all went well and good luck girl!!!

Reply to Lils
Posted by: Just saying | 2012/08/21

Hi FBB - yes. my address is roycol(at)telkomsa.net

Reply to Just saying
Posted by: Kitty | 2012/08/21

Hey Fatty boom. LOL.
Good on you for taking steps to recovery. I too am overweight, but unfortunately don''t have finances for any medical procedure, so I have to do it the conventional way of diet and exercise. On my third week and going strong. Us fatties must stick together and stick to losing weight. Good luck with your venture, and to every person out there making an effort to lose the weight. Just know you''re not alone. There''s a whole lot of us our there.

Reply to Kitty
Posted by: FattyBoomBoom | 2012/08/21

Just saying - do you have an email address I can mail you on?

Reply to FattyBoomBoom
Posted by: Just Saying | 2012/08/20

I have been watching out for your post! Congratulations and welcome back with the good news. Well done on where you are. I am so jealous! Just wish I could do what you''ve done. Must say I''ve been thinking a lot of this option since you started posting here. Would love to be in contact with you to share some information.

Reply to Just Saying