Question
Posted by: Angie | 2010/05/06

Im a few days late. Could I be pregnant?

Hi there, Im alittle confused and just need some advice. My last period was from 02/04/2010 to 08/04/2010. My boyfriend and I had sex on 24/04/2010 and everyday after that til 27/04/2010. My period was due between 30/04 and 02/05. But instead i got a very light pink discharge on 02/05. It dissapeared the next day. And now I see it again when i wipe only (04/05). I had a sharp pain on my lower left abdomen and now on the 06/05 I feel abit sore. Ive taken my temperature as i wake up and its around 36.5. Im not on any contraceptive. Im 28 years old.

If your period is late, you could be pregnant.

2

Posted by: Purple | 2010/05/06

Sometimes one can get a slight discharge like that about a week before your period is due and its an implantation bleed.

If you have had a sharp pain in your abdomen, it could be a sign of an ectopic pregnancy. The pain is unbearably sore for about half an ahour and then goes away, a day or two later you start to bleed quite bright red blood, and think its your period, but it''s quite light and some days there is nothing. If you get pain in your shoulder its starting to get serious.

Rather just go and see your gynae to be sure. If you can''t get an appointment today, then go and see your GP and they will get you in to see the gynae if it is necessary.

Reply to Purple