Question
Posted by: Measuring high | 2010/12/01

Im 34 weeks but my ultrasound measures 36 weeks

Hi.
Im 33 weeks and my LMP is 12/04/2010 - My baby was already 2 kg when I was 28 weeks and the ultrasound measured him at 32 weeks. Im now 34 weeks and measured 36 weeks.
Does this mean the baby will come early?

No, it just means that the baby is bigger than average.

2

Posted by: Purple | 2010/12/01

No, it means that your baby is the size of a baby with two weeks longer gestation.

The estimated due date calculated from your last menstrual period and your first scan is the correct one.

You are still 34 weeks. The size of the baby will not affect when it arrives.
It could arrive anywhere between 38 and 42 weeks and still be considered full term. Mostly if you reach 41 weeks though you will be induced if your cervix is ripe or a c-section will be suggested if it is not showing signs of being ready for birth (as an induction won''t really work if your cervix is still firmly closed).

Reply to Purple