Question
Posted by: Karen | 2010/04/22

Ilness after baby

After my baby was born I had 5 months maternity leave during which neither me or my baby were ill once. Since being back at work (now 4 months back at work) I have been ill almost constantly with either colds and flu or more serious Bronchitis. My baby is also ill a lot which I can probably contribute to being in a creche. Any suggesstions to get me back to normal as I have never been a very ill person in general.

Hallo Karen
Your immune system may be under stress due to extra workload of the baby plus your regular job. You can try taking immune stimulants like Viral choice C, Immunochoice or Echinacea plus a good multivitamin (if you are not breastfeeding). For baby, add probiotics to his/her diet, ensure that he/she eats healthy foods, keep immunization up to date. Unfortunately they do pick up colds ( average 8-10 in the first 2 years) and upper airway infections in creches and then infect their parents!

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/04/22

Hallo Karen

Reply to cyberdoc