Question
Posted by: Joleen | 2005/06/06

Q.

Iliadin nasal spray

Can you please let me know if Iliadin nasal spray is safe in pregnancy i am 26 weeks - and i heard stories that it would cut of the blood supply and effect the baby what is your take on this please i only will see my gynae in 3 weeks time! So your help would be appreciated.

Expert's Reply

A.

Iliadin is fine. Very little of the nasal spray is absorbed.

6
user comments

C.

Posted by: Tara Lim | 2013/07/16

Hi there, I wonder if iliadin is safe for long term use? My 7 years old son's ENT suggested he use it for one month and I am really concern about the side effect. Thanks to advise.

Reply to Tara Lim
Posted by: Concerned | 2013/03/05

Use Salt water to clear your nose. The drug will likely not harm you or your baby, but why try it when it's a chemical that has no long term studies regarding its side effects.

Reply to Concerned
Posted by: Kippie | 2005/06/06

No- it is totally safe!
My nose was blocked from day one of pregnancy until he was born. During this time I used Iliadin non stop as that was the only thing clearing my nose. I actually only used it at night and during the day I used Saline.
No bloodflow problems here - the placenta really did its job and my baby was a weighty 4.93 kg at birth!

I also suffered no problems concerning my nose as a result of long term use- it is now a year later.

It is safe!

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: joleen | 2005/06/06

Thank you i apprecaite your response!

Reply to joleen
Posted by: SAM | 2005/06/06

Hi there!

I used iliadin while I was pregnant and I now have a very health 4wk old baby girl.

I hope you feel better soon.

Reply to SAM
Posted by: Nix | 2005/06/06

You could phone your gynae and ask to be sure, but I was told by my gynae and GP that its safe. You shouldn't use it for more than 5 days though. It worked brilliantly for me.

Try doing a search at the bottom of the page for "Iliadin" and perhaps you'll see what others have said about it...

Reply to Nix

Want to comment?