Posted by: almost mad | 2009-10-06

if I lose weight I will be less depressed?

Hi guys. I suffered from anorexia and bulimia in the past, and stopped it all. for the past two years I have gained 20kgs and I feel miserable. If I try to lose weight, not by having an eating disorder, but by following a healthy diet will it make me happy when I lose the weight? Or will I continue and go ccrazzy and obsessed? I feel like if I just lose some weight I will feel happier. maybe just 10 kg at which I will weigh about 55-58kg. This is a good weight for my height. Is it okay to want that or will I always be depressed and unhappy even if I do lose weight???

Maybe the two are not connected, even if it looks like they are ? How can you be sure that your unhappiness is entirely due to gainin a few pounds in weight ? Rather see a good shrink for CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour therapy ) to deal with the weight concerns and the unhappiness. Losing weight will NOt make you feel happier. And when you lose 10 kg, and still don't feel happy, you'll decide that maybe just a further 10 kg will bring bliss. Happiness is a complex thing and a worthwhile aim, but it has not useful correlation with weight, size or shape. Deal with the habit of unhappiness first.

Posted by: ...... | 2009-10-06

maybe im wrong but it sounds like your still struggling with the psychology of your eating disorder if your still depressed over your weight, you dont sound over weight or obese.

Reply to ......