Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/28

Identifying a type of medicine

Defecate an orange liquid, it looks and feels like oil (bright orange mango archar oil to be exact) and smells like nothing, can you please tell me please what can that be? I have no pain in the abdomen and am afraid to eat. Have been drinking a lot of water.

Worried.

Dear Anonymous
It is just what it looks like - oil - this can be caused by malabsorbtion of fat in the bowel or a shortage of pancreas enzymes, or due to medications like Orlistat or Reductil. Try to avoid fatty foods in the next few days and it should disappear. If it persists you may need to see a doctor to determine the cause.