Question
Posted by: Cya | 2012/02/08

Ideal weight for my BMI

My current weight is 96kg and my height is 1.68, I know im over wieght and im 30yrs old. Currently im going to gym and trying to eat healthy. My breakfast is either All bran or oats with fat free milk and I would snack with fruits either a banana, grapes, apple or a peach. Lunch consitsts of veges with chicken breast or fish and snack on fruits. Supper is a huge challenge at the moment cause thats when Im really hungry but nonetheless I try to eat veges and meat. I want to have a healthy weight and with how much Im weighing what would be the ideal weight goal for a healthy BMI?

Dear Cya
Your present BMI = 34, which is very high. To get back into the normal range with a BMI of 25 you would need to weigh 70 kg - thus a loss of 26 kg which is a great deal of weight to lose. I would suggest that you divide this up into manageable steps of say 5 kg each. Work your way from goal to goal - first lose to 91 kg, then down to 86 kg (this means you have already lost 10 kg and more than 1/3 of the weight you need to lose). Continue in this fashion until you reach 70 kg. I would suggest that you have a small punnet of fat-free yoghurt for a snack in the afternoon to help you prevent overeating at supper. Also consider doing some form of exercise such as swimming or walking to stimulate your metabolism and promote weightloss.
Wishing you all the best

1

Dear Cya
Wishing you all the best