Posted by: Anon | 2013-02-11

Ideal weight?

I am 1,76 m and weigh 71kg
I feel like a big, fat elephant!

What is the least and most I can weigH? i used to weigh 59kg and people said I look anorexic

Also, is brisk wallking a good form of exercise if you want to lose weight?

Dear Ideal Weight
Your present BMI = 22,9 which is ideal for your height. When you used to weigh 59 kg, your BMI = 19,0 which is bordering on anorexic. So although you may perceive yourself as a 'big, fat elephant', you are fact a svelte beauty! If you find that you are constantly obsessed with what may be an unrealistic body image, please consult a clinical psychologist to prevent developing anorexia as this dread condition is linked to an unrealistic body image (thinking you are fat when you are slim instead!). Brisk walking is a great form of exercise - please see my previous answer to 'Walking'. The least you should weigh is 68 kg (BMI = 22) and the most you can weigh without being overweight is 77,5 kg (BMI = 25).