Posted by: Boo | 2009-04-24

ideal pet for a flat?

Hi everyone. I stay in a flat by myself. My dogs stay with my mom, where they have a nice big garden to run around in. I visit them a few times a week. My problem is that I' m lonely, and really miss my animal friends. Can anyone suggest an ideal pet for a flat? I' m not really a cat person, am allergic to them, but I absolutely love dogs but it isn' t fair for me to keep them in a flat.

Dear Boo

I would go for rats

Posted by: KittyMommy#2 | 2009-04-26

If you love dogs, get a smaller breed like a Yorkie, mini poodle - avoid ones like Jack Russels as they very active and get bored easily, which means you would come home to a ripped up flat.

You can try cats... great indoor pets.

Rats - highly intelligent and awesome pets - very easily trained.
Mine never lived in a cage... he would sleep on my pillow, mess in a " littler"  box and was amazing,

Hamsters - not always ideal as many like to pee and bite.

Reply to KittyMommy#2

I have heard that a pug is the ideal flat pet.

Posted by: Chill | 2009-04-24

Personally, in your shoes, I' d rush out as fast as I could and get some of those russian dwarf hamsters - they have got to be the cutest little things you have ever seen!

Just mind they don' t escape...

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Carol | 2009-04-24

A parrot isnt only hard work its like having a child especially the larger parrots .....they make a mess , they make a noise and they are very destructive.

perhaps an adult dog of a quiet breed ???? he would be fine all day in a flat with regular walks

Reply to Carol

How ' bout a parrot? They are a lot of work though...