Posted by: Chip Mom | 2009-01-27

ID chips / dog fights

There are more and more reports of dogs being stolen, particularly large dogs, for fighting. Disgusting and sickening as it is - it happens. My large dog has been chipped and I was wondering - is there a way that the chip could include a tracking device. After all they " track"  cars and my dog is much more precious than any car will ever be!

Dear Chip Mom

I have heard that 'Tracker' has developed a collar that they can track.

Posted by: Chip Mom | 2009-02-05

Thanks Cybervet, I' ve heard about the collar as well, also an ear tag (like they use on cows) unfortunately both can be cut off!

Reply to Chip Mom
Posted by: Big dog lover | 2009-01-27

Yes Chip Mom, I agree it' s disgusting that people steal dogs to fight. Many of these cases involve syndicates that offer dog fighting at secret venues. People like that aught to go to jail without the option of a fine. They make me sick. I really wish that all of these guys would at some time get seriously bitten that they' re badly scarred 4 life.

Reply to Big dog lover
Posted by: Chill | 2009-01-27

There' s nothing at all new about this - dogs have been stolen and bred for fighting for years, and I agree it' s sickening and disgusting.

No idea about the trackers - but no doubt at some time they' ll make ones small enough to implant! Excellent idea, by the way!

Reply to Chill