Question
Posted by: Ash | 2012/03/13

Ice tea lite

Hi Diet Doc
I stopped drinking coffee 2 weeks ago and now I drink ice tea, tha lite version. I ''VE been drinking 500ml every day for two two weeks now.

Is this good when trying to lose weight?? I wanna lose 6 kgs. I eat healthy, FRUIT , Veges, LOW fat youghurt , Low GI MUESLI etc

Dear Ash
You will have to check the label of the "lite" ice tea to see how many kJ it contains. If the kJ content is below 80 kJ/100 ml it can be classified as a low-energy drink. Also multiply the kJ content per 100 ml x 5 to check how many kJ you are ingesting from your ice tea.

2
Posted by: imran | 2012/04/02

hi ash

i am also drinking the lipton or clover ice tea " lite"  variations. they are made with aspartame and have less than 5kj per 100ml.

Reply to imran

Dear Ash