Posted by: PG | 2010-03-23

Ice on eyes

Is it safe to put ice (one of those frozen gel bags covered with a cloth) on one''s eyes for a prolonged time? It relieves pain caused by eye strain, so I really like to do it, especially as I''m trying to fall asleep. But I noticed after a while my eyes get really slow and my vision gets blurry (only for as long as the eye is cold). I think the muscles get tense and don''t work so well. But is it safe? I hope it is because it helps a lot with the pain.

(I have strong myopia and strabism, and possibly eye strain).

Do you have corrective lenses for your condition? Cold packs on the eyes can be used for a period of ten minutes, every second hour without causing damage.

Posted by: PG | 2010-03-23

I''ve been thinking about this lately because not only do I feel pain in my eyes and around.. but now I also have an eye that trembles a lot. I was hoping that it would go away with ice and sleep but it''s still the same this morning. The other day I went a night without sleep and in the morning I noticed two bruises under that eye that were just two tiny spots, ltwo dark red, blood freckles. That''s the same that happens to me when I vomit for example. The pressure causes those red freckles around my eyes. I''m starting to get scared. I already have enough eye problems. Plus this particular eye has always been slightly different than the other, as if slightly deformed. I''ve been to an eye doctor to check this and he checked my eye pressure and said everything was fine. is there any other problem to consider?

Reply to PG