Question
Posted by: Carla | 2011-06-27

IBS stress related apparently

I have IBS, done some internet research spoken with the Doc and a colleague, apparently it''s a stress related condition. now I don''t consider myself to be a bad eater so I have cancelled out that option.

my body does feel stiff adn sore all the time and I do feel tired, so I''m assuming it''s the stress thing

the problem is I have NO idea what could be stressing me out. I am a single mother, but that I don''t feel is stressful, my kids are well taken care of and happy. Money becomes a problem but I am not suffering I eat and I have a good home that I stay in.

Could I be feeling for myself for no reason and stressing just because I can, if so, how do I get my mind and body to just calm down. I have been trying to relax but now I can feel all the aches and pains more.

Finding ways to deal better with stress may indeed be useful, and usually I think this is better achieved by CBT ( COgnitive-Behaviour Therapy ) a form of counselling which enables you to deal better with whatever stresses you, and to cope better with stress when it arises. One may develop an anxiety disorder with stress-like symptoms without necessarily anything obviously stressful in your life. If you search online for economically priced CBT-oriented books about how to manage your stress, you may find that you can do part of this project yourself, though nothing would be as effective as managing to see a CBT therapist yourself in person. Maybe check whether the dept of psychology at your local medical school / university can provide such a service, as their therapists in training will need clients to work with, and this may be at no cost to you.

1