Posted by: Eliya | 2009-02-17

HI Doc,

I have been diagnosed with IBS - and most of my re-occuring attacks are defined by excrutuiating pain in my upper stomach , when it feels like my colon goes into a serios spasm. This pain can go on for 7-13 hours straight and there is NOTNHING that helps me relieve the pain.
I am taking probiotics twice daily.
Obviously , during attacks I dont have any bowel movements , where as on a regular day , I' m fine.
What can I take to help me with this excrutiating pain when I' m under attack?

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Hi Eliya
Perhaps you would like to confirm with your Dr, but you can try an anti-spasmodic such as Colofac. The active ingredient is called mebeverive, speak to your pharmacist as there are a few products on the market containing mebeverine.
Have you tried something like Panado?
Keep up with the probiotic and try to keep anxiety and stress levls at bay (easier said than done I know!)

Posted by: Natasha | 2009-03-10

Hey Doc

I must commend you on the good work you are doing.Thank you for the valuable info.

Doc just a quick question.

I have been to my GP on Sunday.I have been constipated and suffering to pass stools and i bleed alot.So he has given me tablets to stop the bleeding and cramping.He has asked me if it was piles i said no.But i now am sure its piles.So i bought Anugesic a suppository and i bought the cream as well.So does it take long to heal?I have do have a balanced diet which consists of fibre.I think what has made my condition worst is stress.

And Doc what are good priobiotics can i take that can help my condition.Your help is much appreciated

Reply to Natasha