Posted by: confused | 2009-04-06

IBS or Endiometriose

Hi doc,

i was just wondering if IBS symptoms can be confussed with Endiometrioses?

I need to go for the camera in the belly to see if i have endiometrioses or not my Gynae thinks it is defnitly endiometrioses but i do have a lot of problems with my stomach, tometimes it will go once a day for a week long and then all of a sudden it doesnt want to go everyday but only once a week, i have pains in my sides and it is painfull to have sex and usually a lot of pain the day after, i am on the 3 mont injection as the doc' s decided it would be best to minimise the period pain as i dont get any on the injection, the last month or so i did pick yp that there is a lot of swelling in my stomach, is this a problem?

IBS can be confused with endometriosis. The test will tell what the problem is.