Posted by: Maria | 2010-06-26

ibs - fibre not helping

hi there

I am always constipated and bloated. I tried eating more fibre, but that gives me gas and doesnt make me regular. Gastro choice IBS also gives me gas. why do i get so much gas when i try to get rid of my ibs with fibre and supplements?

The best advice will be to consult a gastroenterologist, as there are medication available that can be used but it is very important to exclude other pathological conditions that might cause your symptoms.

Posted by: anon | 2010-06-28

What kind of fibre are you taking? Avoid wheat bran as this can be very irritating. Rather go for oatbran, linseeds and psyllium husks. Always increase your fibre intake SLOWLY - not a whole lot at once or this will irritate your stomach. And remember to drink lots of water. You can also try drinking peppermint tea or chamomile tea for the flatulence &  bloating.
Works for me!

Reply to anon