Posted by: Anon | 2010-01-22

IBS - Chronic Constipation

I have had IBS for many years now and found that now and again, I have an " episode"  where I get extremely constipated - a feeling of " incomplete"  or " blockage" . This time though it has lasted for about 2 months and is really effecting my mood, weight and general well-being. I have been doing all the right things, lots of water, fruit, vegetables - I generally eat healthily anyway. I take Fibrelle daily - 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening - they are not helping. I have taken Colo Prep which I got from the chemist and even this has not helped much. I am desperate!!! I am so bloated!

I suggest that you consult a gastroenterologist for tests, in order to exclude narrowing of your colon. Your symptoms can purely be due to the IBS or it can be due to a structural defect, where the colon is narrowed, which in turn is causing the severe constipation.