Question
Posted by: Debbie | 2009/11/30

IBS - burning stomach

I have suffered with IBS for years, and manage it quite effectively.
In the past few weeks however I have experiencing a burning sensation in my stomach every few days. Should I be concerned that this is more serious than IBS?

Hallo Debbie
Burning on the stomach could be a symptom of gastritis ( inflammation of the stomach lining) or a peptic ulcer. You can try using Mucaine for relief but should see your doctor for long term prescription of something like Nexiam and /or gastroscopy examination if the symptoms do not go away.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/30

Hallo Debbie

Reply to cyberdoc