Posted by: Rex | 2008-12-14

IBS and libido

Hi Doc,

I have recurrent IBS (gas,bloating etc.) - often makes me very tired and have had it continually over past 3 months. At the same time I notice the libido is down - still have usual interest in sex but cannot sustain an erection. Have been on vacation over a week and still not resolved the libido issue - can it be linked to the ibs issue with the body been out of balance ?

Dear Rex
No this would not be due to IBS - could maybe due to medication you are taking, (antidepressants and hypertension medication are common culprits) or could be because you are feeling overly stressed. If it persists you should go for a medical examination ( an erection is dependent on good blood flow to the pelvis and anything that interrupts the blood flow can cause weak erections)

Posted by: Rex | 2008-12-17

AM on blood presuure meds but been on them for three years with no effect on libido.

Reply to Rex
Posted by: Mna | 2008-12-15

As you can see I am not the doc but I have the same problem and also the ED. In my experiance I can also say yes they do go hand in hand. lET THE DOC REPLY YOU

Reply to Mna