Question
Posted by: anonymous | 2011/10/12

IBS??

I have been diagnosed with IBS by my GP. I am 27 years old, not over weight and I exercise regularly. I suffer from chronic constipation. I have seen a dieticien but nothing seems to make a difference. I am now using movicol (1 every second day) . Is this fine, I know movicol is advertised that it can be used continuosly, but I just wanted to make sure if it is ok for me to be permantly on this?

Dear IBS
If your doctor prescribed Movicol to assist you with your chronic constipation then it should be fine. I trust that you did try eating a high-fibre diet, drinking more liquids, doing some exercise and using probiotics to combat the IBS? Click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page and then on 'Food as Medicine' and 'Healthy colon' to read the articles on how to restore the normal function of the colon and how to increase the fibre content of your diet.

1

Dear IBS