Question
Posted by: Luane | 2011/06/10

IBS

I would like to know.

I have experienced no abdominal pain, only a lot of gas (constant every 5 minuts for hours) straight after meals, also a feeling of something stuck in my rectum and some stomach rumbling. I have been dealing with anxiety. I want to know if it is possible to have IBS without abdominal cramps and pains. Also my stools are not hard or watery but soft and light brown/yellow.

Hope you can help me.

Kind Regards,

Luane

It is possible that you have IBS without abdominal cramps and pain but please note that IBS is a diagnosis made after all other possibilities have been ruled out. I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and a referral for a colonoscopy, in order to have a clear diagnosis made.