Question
Posted by: dw | 2011/02/15

IBS

Hi Doc. I have tried experimenting with my diet but after a meal I get extremely uncomfortable, bloated and a lot of gas. Could it be to do with portion sizes? It is really bad after dinner! Please help as it is really embarrasing, thanks.

Dear DW
The symptoms of bloating after eating can be due to so many different conditions (e.g. irritable bowel disease, gallbladder disease, ulcers, gastritis, gastric reflux, enzyme deficiencies, food intolerances or allergies, etc, etc) that it is essential for you to have a medical checkup. Once we have a diagnosis we can see what dietary changes are necessary.
In the meanwhile use a mild antacid like Ulsanic or Maalox to prevent some of the gas formation.
Please have that checkup ASAP

1

Dear DW
Please have that checkup ASAP