Question
Posted by: V | 2010-11-12

IBS

Is this really IBS.
I have been told that I have IBS. I am 35 years of age, female.
I have had this problem on and off for years. Since the birth of my twins 3 years ago it seems I cannot seem to " heal" . My stomach is bloated more on than off. I get hectic pains in stomach. I belch continuously (this started begin of this year). Flatulance also a problem (never before). More upset stomach than constipation. I belch even from water. I have been to specialist who says its IBS. He has given me natural meds to help which do not. I cannot eat a lot of dairy or sugar (puddings are a no no). Alcohol upsets my stomach. I am a healthy weight, I do moderate exercises every day. I eat pretty normally. I have a drink maybe twice month as I know my stomach will suffer. Fatty foods do not agree with me. I take Bestum vitamin, evening primrose oil, omega 3 and I take naturefresh olive leaf extract. I just am so tired of feeling so bloated that it hurts to pull my stomach in. I have had scan on liver, spleen, etc and all are fine. Had bloods test, CBC and ESA (can''t remember this name) and all very normal. I have low iron stores 11%. I take Autrin, one day. Is this IBS? I have endometriosis as well and suffer badly with PMS.

V

IBS is a diagnosis made when other factors have been excluded. If you are suffering from endometriosis, it can explain a lot of your symptoms. You should consult your gynaecologist for a possible laparoscopic investigation, to determine the extent of your endometriosis. I also suggest that you consult a gastroenterologist for his/her opinion. There is not much that I can suggest to alleviate your symptoms until you have had your problem thoroughly investigated.

Refer to the following links:

1. IBS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBS
2. Endometriosis: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endometriosis

1
Posted by: deborah | 2011-02-15

My 10 year old daughter has IBS - can she take the vitamin / immune booster supplement BESTUM. I normally give both my daughters a supplement from Feb to August and then stop until it is necessary again for the winter months.
I

Reply to deborah