Question
Posted by: MB | 2010/03/11

IBS

I have a family history of IBS. My GP prescibed meds (Librax &  Bevispas) to alleviate the symptons, which included Gasto Choice IBS. Unfortunately my medical aid refuses to see IBS as a cronic condition &  the meds are almost R1,000 a month. It works wonderfully, but I just can''t afford it.
I also suffer from allergies (gluten, dairy, eggs, yeast, fungi, refined sugers) &  I''m also vegan. I also suffer from hyperinsulenemia - also inherited.
I''m living in constant pain, I also eat less because of side effects of IBS, especially bloating &  cramps. This causes a problem with my already low blood sugar, so I feel lightheaded &  nauses as well most of the time. Overall, I constantly feel sick &  I''m only 30 years old.
Is there a cheaper alternative to Gastro Choice IBS that works just as well &  don''t contain any allergenes or non-vegan products?

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Dear MB

There are a number of probiotic supplements that you can try, unfortunately the better products are consequently not always the most cost effective. Also remember that IBS is a very "individual" disease, and what works fantastically for one person may not help the next. Most probiotic only supplements (i.e. they only contain probiotics and are not combined with other active ingredients) should be fine for you to take with your allergen and vegan restrictions, but you will have to check each product specifically.

5
Posted by: Thembani | 2017/01/22

Can I take Gastro choice with Gliclazide 30 mg. I often experience stomach bloating and flatulence

Reply to Thembani
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/10/03

Is it safe to use gastrochoice while on contraceptives?

Posted by: Concerned wife | 2013/06/16

Is it safe to use gastrochoice during pregnancy?!

Reply to Concerned wife
Posted by: SU | 2010/05/23

Would Gastro Choice IBS be recommended during pregnancy?

Reply to SU
Posted by: probiotics expert | 2010/03/12

Dear MB

Reply to probiotics expert