Posted by: Belly | 2010-01-15

Hi there Doc

I am young (28) and I had some tummy trouble a while ago that wouldt go away. I was diagnosed with IBS after I sent a stool sample to a doctor and they found nothing - no bacteria no infection and no parasites.

I altrnate between running tummy and soft stools - no constipation. I sometimes feel sharp stabbing pain in my intestines and when I rub in some places I can feel it is hard and painful but if I dont press it is fine.

I also get a bit of nausea and indigestion which the doc thinks might be a little reflux but he said as soon as my stress levels come down I will be back to normal.

I was just wondering what is the best thing to do if one suffers from IBS and from reflux with nausea? What should one be eating, when should one eat (ie not late at night or before lying down, eat small meals?) Is there anything one can take for IBS? I have been told there is nothing you can do for it?

Please help!

I suggest that you refer to the following links for detailed information about IBS and reflux:

1. IBS:
2. Reflux: