Posted by: oodle | 2009-04-20

I' m a 30 year old female who' s been living (in agony) with IBS for 7+ years. Just want to know if there' s any new meds on the market that I can use.

I' ve been to several GP' s but no one ever revered me to a specialist.All they do is tell me to ' eat healthy' .

I went to a dietician last year but feel that I can’ t live so strictly on the diet. The meals are small and I feel hungry all the time.

I' ve been living off Probiotics for years and years and have recently discovered a new one - called Gastro choice. Very good in relieving the symptoms and pain but it makes me constipated. Is there anything natural and non-habit-forming that I can take with the Gastro choice?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Hi oodle
I doubt that Gasrtochoice is the cause of the constipation.
My only other advice re probiotics (and I am not sure which ones you have tried?) is to try a product called Lp299v. This is a “pure” probiotic whereas Gastrochoice is a combination supplement.
If that does not work, I would suggest that you consult a Gastroenterologist. Ongoing suffering is no good!