Question
Posted by: Justin | 2009/03/19

IBS

Hello

I used to be normal, but in 2003 I had a pizza which changed my life. After spending the night on the toilet with diarrhea and vomiting I thought it would pass after a day or so. After 5 days of diarrhea I went to my doctor who put me on antibiotics. The diarrhea stopped, but my toilet activities had changed. I now went twice a day and they were more loose and for some reason I just accepted this thinking I would return to normal soon. Well 6 years later it' s not any better, but worse. Last year after battling with loose stools, going to the toilet 4 times a day, 2 doctor visits with antibiotics and probiotics I was sent to the specialist who suspected ulcerative colitis. After he performed a lower end scope test I was diagnosed with IBS (basically they have no answer to what is wrong with me). After trying the typical medicine of anti-depressants with no change I tried something new. I' ve been to 2 different people who do Bioelectrical stress testing and without giving them any background information they both had similar results - Salmonella bacteria. How can this stuff still be in my body after 6 years with numerous doses of antibiotics and probiotics? I have tried herbal routes as well, and recently I' m trying Reuteri, but no improvement yet. I just want to be normal again as I' m a shadow of my former self. Any ideas?

Regards,
Justin

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Hi Justin
I empathize; you seem to have a difficult problem with no easy answer.
I am not a medical Dr but in my understanding you can remain a salmonella carrier once infected. Perhaps you should get expert advice on this and see if it is in fact possibly the root cause of your problem. Sorry can’t be more specific.

1
Posted by: Justin | 2009/04/06

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately doctors now days don' t seem to want to find the cause, but rather treat the symptons. Like I said I' ve been to 2 different doctors and a specialist. Will just keep trying other doctors.

Regards,
Justin

Reply to Justin