Posted by: M | 2009-03-09

Hey Doc

I asked you a question on friday with regards to internal bleeding and thank you so much for your response.You are spot on as usual.

I did visit my GP on Sat,he did say i do have IBS.He asked me if i had piles i said no.But reading from what you said i think it is piles as i am battling to pass stools.He did give me a green capsule to stop the bleeding and a white tablet to take everday.Do u think i shuld take Ansupol to relieve the piles?Or any good suppositories you know of?

I did read your articles and i am going to buy the priobiotics ,intesflora today and i am following the advice on keeping the colon healthy and all the other articles you have written.

Thank you so much Doc.Have a fab day

Dear M
Thank you so much for the feedback and your kind words. I am just pleased that I can be of help to you esp when you have such a distressing condition. I would still recommend that you go back to the gp and let him do a rectal examination (not fun, but over very quickly) to see if you do have piles or not and what condition they are in. Rather have a bit of unpleasantness now and get the condition under control. Don't be shy either, that's what drs are trained to do. In some cases piles can rupture and need to be treated to prevent further bleeding. There are a number of good pile remedies on the market, such as Sheriproct which you apply inside with an applicator and also outside, but I am not sure if you will be able to obtain this product without a dr's prescription as it is a so-called Schedule 4 medication. So we are back to the dr again!
I do hope your symptoms clear up quickly and completely.