Posted by: Eliya | 2009-02-11

Is there any treatment to IBS - spastic colons?
I mean is there any medication I can take when Im under attack?
The excrutiating pain.... no pain reliever tablet helps.
What can I do to prevent it?

Dear Eliya
Not all medications work for all people but you can try Colofac, increase your intake of Probiotics and try Peppermint oil capsules (Spasmopep) A comfortably warm (not hot) hotwater bottle/cornbag/heatpack on your tummy may also help

Posted by: Eliya | 2009-02-15

Dear Dr Bets,

Thanks so much for your reply.
Pls clarify for me:
1) Colofac - what is this? Medication for IBS or painkillers? Is this chemical or herbal?
2) Spasmopep =- what is this for? Is it chemical or herbal?
3) I have been taking prbiotics for a while now - glad to know I should continue.
4) As for the hot water bottke - my best buddy , but on most attacks , not even that hekps the pain. The pain is in my upper stomach , between my breats.

Reply to Eliya